Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert



"As a leftist lesbian professor, I despised Christians. Then I somehow became one.”

The title caught my attention too!

I didn’t actually read the book first. I ran across a Christianity Today article that had been posted by a friend on Facebook by the author, Rosaria Buterfield. The article title was provocative enough that I was compelled to click on the link and after the first short paragraph I was hooked.

By the time I got to the end of the article I was so convinced of the importance of this woman’s message of the power of the cross and the redeeming grace of God, that I purchased her book, watched all the
interviews I could find, and sent the article to every family at our church encouraging them all to read the article.

This story is a much needed insight into those who are dealing with this particular sin and how the church might respond to a growing group of people who are hurting and desperately need to find their identity in Jesus Christ.

I was so impacted by her story that I contacted Rosaria as well as her publisher.

It turns out that this article in Christianity Today has received more hits in the short time it’s been up than any other article in the history of the site!

Please be praying for the family. This has been an exhausting time for them and not all of the responses to Rosaria’s story have been positive.

I can’t commend this book to you enough. Below are links to the book as well as some other resources that I would strongly encourage you to take a look at:

Read the short article that got me hooked
Watch the interview with Marvin Olasky
A Speech at Holy Trinity Church and Q&A
Visit Rosaria's official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment