|Download the PDF|
This is certainly not an exhaustive list nor is it the only important topics about which to be talking with your sons, but it certainly is a good start and I hope you find it beneficial.
- The Gospel
· What is the gospel?
· The exclusive nature of the gospel: Jesus as the only way
· The importance of loving others and sharing the gospel
· The exhaustive nature of the gospel: It affects everything we are and do
- Devotional life
· How often did your son set time aside to read this week?
· How was the quality of his time in the word and prayer?
· What did he read?
· What insights did he gain? How was he challenged or encouraged?
· Did he feel like reading/praying?
· What is the trajectory of his spiritual journey
· Biological Mechanics
· What to expect during puberty
· Guarding eyes and thoughts
· Who he may have an interest in
· What courtship/dating will look like
· What kind of friends he has?
· What kind of friends is he attracted to?
· Why has he chosen the friends he does have?
· What kind of friends does God desire for him?
· Would he be willing to give up friends that were leading him away from God?
· Would he be willing to be alone at school if that was what God required?
- Spiritual questions/Doubts (get in the habit of not ever being “shocked”)
- Does God exist?
- Is Christianity true?
- Why is it so hard to do what is right?
- Character development
- Vocational Vision
- What are they interested in doing?
- What are their gifts?
- How can you help to aid them in their interests?
- Are their interests realistic?
- The use of their tongue
· The power of the tongue
· For building up
· For destroying
· Crude joking
- Why is education important
- How they are doing in school
- What subjects they enjoy
- What subjects they hate
- Do they consider themselves lazy
- Pop Culture
Email Me with questions or needs: email@example.com
Post a Comment