Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 2011 Update

Click here for the September newsletter or simply view the posts below to see the same content
--

This was undoubtedly one of the most intense summers we've ever experienced as a family. A significant part of our ministry is done in the context of our summer camps, and camps essentially ran from June to the end of July with no substantial break between them.

Maintaining Balance

Though my family was able to be with me at some of the camps, this was definitely an eye opening experience in learning how intentional I'll have to be during the camping season to make sure that my most important ministry, my family, is not neglected in the midst of the summer's craziness. I was able to see first hand the enormous blessing of friends and Elders who are not afraid to keep me accountable in this regard. Thank you to those individuals who are not afraid to ask the hard questions! Your support is truly vital to the success of our families ministry through Christian Service Brigade.

The Transition

I continue to try to balance the demands of our business and ministry through this transition period. Our goal is to be in ministry full time by January with only a few key business responsibilities still to watch over at that time. I'll therefore be focusing the rest of this year on raising support so that we can begin ministry in earnest on January 1st. I am also currently working with Bob Nass to help support CSB discipleship programs as they get up and running again for this school year. In fact, if any of you reading this would like more information on how we can support your church in providing opportunities for the men in your church to disciple the next generation of men send me a quick email or give me a call. I'd love to hear from you!

In the rest of this letter you will find a really encouraging story from this summer, an update on our support status, some "fast facts" about the past few months, and a great little book recommendation. I hope you enjoy the update and the story below!

No comments:

Post a Comment