Monday, October 13, 2014

Book Recommendation: Desiring God, By John Piper

Are Duty and Delight really supposed to be at odds?
http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001DhPf9VAO8S2wWiiAamgdGrAAxox15tHytex7Wt8IagVS1zArugUP2VTz_dQEPYdveocHIbUwKaPcbGuEUSz7jj6V3Fld4Wm_22qxoE5wGc9tBHsx41zEPs79TkZFBiCLuVE17nbPCveFxfdj2ZsXEGA1N0B6F6S3oHh90g3rJn8vaFUL2mY8Z4MwyyuClBtP68RaxnXJGju_a69EBcVCruCgnDEjbWXEjCPNwKi2FiFDHYeqL61JYg==&c=hhr-5-KjXZf9rmDbleR-xsEZBjfFeVjJTU6bD861VVjTun2kEqeTzg==&ch=jsKJSNv7uTfkACNLYpgU2fS3QBotyuln6pTTrHQzXkfreuxdZcwqSA==
Meditations of a Christian Hedonist




This book was, well, for lack of a better term ... delightful!

It helped me to understand how to reconcile two biblical ideas that I've often struggled with. How are my desires and God's glory supposed to live together.

I thought, at least deep down, that to a great extent I could have one or the other, but that they could never live together in my life at the same time.

I thank John Piper for this book that helped me understand that "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him."

 Take a closer look at the book ...

No comments:

Post a Comment