Monday, December 5, 2011

Cool Reads: Notes From The Tilt-A-Whirl: Wide-Eyed Wonder in God's Spoken World


I gave this book to a young man last Monday for his birthday. When I saw him a week later he said he couldn't put it down. In fact he'd gotten in trouble for reading it in class.

This is in fact now one of my favorite books. I've read it twice, once to myself and a second time to my family. It took me a couple months to figure out how to even describe the book. It is part story telling, part satirical, part philosophy, and part natural science.

Let me put it this way. If you want to appreciate the world in a way you never have before, hear the most creative answer to the problem of evil that I've ever heard, encounter the quirkiness of the worlds philosophers, and enjoy every minute of it, then spend the $10 and never take snow, kittens, Kant, naked mole rats, eagles, Nietzsche, quarks, thunder storms and missing fingers the same way again! To read other reviews and to purchase the book click here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment