In the October update below you'll find:
- Some Quick Updates right below
- Bob Nass Retirement Celebration
- A Ministry Story
- Support Update
- Good Read - Book Suggestion
|It takes a man to teach boys how to be Godly men.|
Full Time Ministry Begins
Our family will be be taking on the responsibilities of full time ministry with CSB Ministries as of January 1st. please pray for our family as we prepare spiritually, emotionally and financially.
Bob Nass (the Regional Director whose position I will be filling in January) and I have been visiting the CSB Units around the state. It is impossible to capture in a few words how encouraging it is to to meet men who are passionate about discipling the next generation of Christian leaders. I will give you more details about this next month, but my naturally unflappable optimism is only more hopeful and I look forward to meeting more of the men and churches who have partnered with CSB Ministries to disciple the next generation.
On October 1st 90 sons and 60 fathers converged to spend the day as father/son pairs in friendly competition with our father/son teams. All in all it was a great day for dads and sons to make lasting memories together. Considering that the average American father spends less than three minutes talking with his children each day, the hours spent playing and memorizing God's word represented a major exception to that sad rule!
What else is filling my days
- One on one discipleship throughout the week
- Raising financial support
- Preparing for the Junior Leadership Conference in December
- Starting new CSB Units
- Supporting Current CSB Units
- Creating next summer's SBC Camp Brochure
- Trying to keep up with my small business responsibilities
- Reading and playing with my kids
- Laughing and praying with my wife Karen
Post a Comment